Our client is searching for a highly-motivated, resourceful, technical thinker to join our corporate Accounting & Finance team for the role of Accounting Manager. This position will be responsible for various aspects within the group including providing timely and accurate financial information to support business decisions and financial filings. General ledger and month end responsibilities include but are not limited to preparing journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and variance analysis as well as assisting with internal and external financial reporting. This position will interact with all levels of Finance management. This is a hands-on position and the ability to multitask and work with others is essential. The individual must demonstrate strong analytical skills with superior attention to detail. This individual will report to the Director of Accounting & Finance
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the monthly financial close including: analysis of key accounts ensuring compliance with U.S. GAAP; actual to budget results and variance analysis; and assess adequacy of reserves / accruals.
- Prepare and record journal entries; ensure the accuracy of information through monthly analysis and reconciliation; and proactively identify and resolve any issues or reconciling items.
- Assist with the continuing development of Sarbanes-Oxley internal control documentation and compliance.
- Coordinate with the Aspen research services group for the accounting and reporting of government research contracts.
- Research technical accounting issues and drive the implementation of new U.S. GAAP.
- Assist in the annual financial statement audit and quarterly reviews by providing audit schedules, support and responding to inquiries.
- Prepare and maintain schedules for capital and operating leases and external financings.
- Participate in special projects by supporting management and the project team in various tasks.
Education and Work Experience Required:
- M.S. or MBA in Accounting
- Strong accounting knowledge and understanding of U.S. GAAP and internal controls
- 4-5 years in public accounting or corporate environment
- Expert-level Excel proficiency; Oracle experience a plus.