Our client is looking for a new Senior FP&A Analyst due to growth. With a strong year, and a growing industry, they are looking to expand their FP&A team - a chance to come in at the senior level with an excellent opportunity for growth!
The Senior FP&A Analyst will provide a primary role in supporting reporting efforts across functions, with a focus on gathering and reconciling large sets of data from multiple systems, analyzing trends, and helping to guide business decisions across the organization. In addition, this role will have responsibility for developing periodic financial reports and various ad hoc analyses that assist company-wide budgeting, forecasting, and long-term financial planning. As this person will be instrumental to the team’s continued success, strong intellectual curiosity and an ability to understand the big picture, while remaining focused on the details, will be key attributes of a successful candidate.
Responsibilities for our next Senior FP&A Analyst:
- Serve as the primary analytical resource and business partner for a variety of financial analyses.
- Contribute to the annual budget process alongside other team members and stakeholders across the organization.
- Prepare and evolve, as appropriate, templates and presentations for weekly, monthly, and annual reporting.
- Investigate and analyze variances between actual and plan on a monthly basis for assigned functional areas.
- Collaborate with the accounting/GL team to ensure revenue and expenses are properly recorded.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with revenue teams across the organization to support long-range forecasting and the evaluation of strategic business decisions.
- Work closely with business, finance, and IT teams to automate data preparation and reporting, from conceptualization to implementation.
- Continuously improve and develop new reporting systems and processes
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown
this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!
Qualifications for our next Senior FP&A Analyst
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- A minimum of 3+ years of finance experience, with experience related to financial reporting, budgeting, resource allocation processes, and long-term strategic planning.
- Strong organizational skills, with a demonstrated ability to see projects to completion and ensure accuracy and precision.
- Motivated individual with strong communication skills. A track-record of thriving in an agile, entrepreneurial environment is also important.
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint; familiarity with Adaptive Insights for forecasting/budgeting and NetSuite financials is a plus.